One of the first things I ever posted on this blog was my ideas on abortion since, at the time, it was a pretty raw issue for me with what was happening at the time in my life. However after re-reading it I've realised it wasn't really what I thought and, to be honest, was an example of how crappily I used to write.
So with that in mind I'll dive right in and say I agree with abortion, but not for the reasons some would think.
When this "battle" is boiled down, it comes to a choice of freedom. Even if you disagree with abortion, by trying to stop it from happening you're effectively trying to control another person's life which, in simple words, you nor anyone else has any fucking right to do. Control is the opposite of freedom and especially in countries like America, where freedom is so highly praised, to even have discussions where you're allowed to take it away is incredible and is the reason why those kinds of losers will never get their ideas accepted. It's the same basic principle that comes up when trying to censor the internet, but that's for another time.
If everyone tried sticking to their own business, the world would be a better place. Freedom is a basic human right, something that a lot of us would fight to the death for and the moment that starts to get taken away is the moment the world ends, because those of us that would will rise up and fight this sort of oppression.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment